buy homes, Buyer, buying a home, Buying A Hud Home, Buying My First Home, California, Home Buying, Home Improvement, Home Inspection, Inspection, Los Angeles, Money Pit, real estate, realty goddess, Red flag
Inspection is always a good way to see the bones of your new home! Do not ever skimp on inspection! Laura Key 310.866.8422
A home inspection is a buyer’s opportunity to see if any problems lurk that may prove expensive to fix later. Home inspections nearly always uncover something in a home to watch for or minor repairs needed. But what repairs should buyers especially be alarmed about that could possibly send them back to the negotiation table? Tom Kraeutler of The Money Pit, a nationally syndicated radio show on home improvement, points out some of the following home inspection red flags:
- Termites and pests: The sooner termites are detected, and steps can be taken to get rid of them, the better.
- Drainage issues: A home that has poor drainage can have wood rot and wet basements and crawlspaces, which can then lead to major mold growth.
- Mold: Pervasive mold growth may indicate an issue with improper ventilation issues and can also cause health issues to those living in the home.
- Faulty foundations: A cracked or crumbling foundation could be a very expensive repair.
- Wiring issues: Outdated wiring or overloaded circuits can pose a fire hazard.
Source: DAILY REAL ESTATE NEWS | MONDAY, JULY 22, 2013
Call me today! Let’s get you started on making your home dreams come true! Laura Key 310.866.8422